Why Schedule Cooling Maintenance Every Spring?
As the seasons change around the Delmarva peninsula, there are a number of chores to perform in and around your home, to prepare for the warmer weather ahead. One of the most important tasks you can do which will positively impact the comfort and safety of your family, is to schedule cooling maintenance, but why in the spring? It just so happens this transitional time of year is perfect for a number of great reasons.
The Benefits of Spring HVAC Maintenance
Spring temperatures are unpredictable and you may find yourself relying on your furnace to heat your home one night, while needing your air conditioner to keep you cool the next day. However, before you start relying on your A/C on a full time basis, call the experts at Peninsula to perform air conditioner maintenance, and enjoy the many benefits, including:
- Increased efficiency. A clean, well maintained cooling system is optimized for peak performance, and uses less energy to deliver conditioned air to your living space. During spring HVAC maintenance, a licensed technician from Peninsula will ensure all system components are cleaned, tuned, and calibrated, for the utmost in energy efficiency.
- Cleaner air. Allergy sufferers often find relief indoors when pollen counts are high, but pollen and other pollutants can accumulate inside your home if your HVAC equipment including your air filter, are dirty. Once the air filter becomes clogged, it can no longer trap this particulate, which will then move around the filter to be continuously recirculated through your indoor air, or settle in your ducts.
- Reliability. The last thing you need is for your A/C to breakdown in the middle of a heatwave. During preventive spring maintenance, Peninsula inspects every component of your cooling system, repairing or replacing those that are worn or damaged before cooling season begins.
- Cost savings. Save money on energy costs through increased efficiency, and on the cost of major repairs mid-season.
- Time is on your side. Why wait to schedule air conditioner maintenance until cooling season is underway? Once summer arrives, technicians are busy with repairs, new installations, and replacements, and you may have to wait longer than expected to schedule an appointment.
- Greater comfort. Are some rooms in your house too hot or too cold? Did your A/C struggle last season to cool your home? Your cooling system may be improperly sized, or at the end of its useable life; the skilled technicians at Peninsula will make recommendations for a replacement system if needed, or if that’s not in your current budget, work with your existing unit to ensure your family is cool and comfortable this season.
- Extended lifespan. Regular maintenance is the key to longevity. Clean, well tuned components experience less stress and wear and tear, than those which are neglected or dirty.
Expect The Best with Spring Cooling Maintenance from Peninsula
Peninsula offers one of the most comprehensive maintenance programs in the industry, including the following:
- Check thermostat calibration.
- Test refrigerant levels.
- Clean or replace air filter.
- Measure airflow.
- Clean condensate drain.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Perform a test cycle, to monitor start capabilities, cooling cycle, and shut down.
- Clean condenser coil.
- Inspect evaporator coil.
- Test all electrical connections.
- Measure air flow.
- Apply protective coating.
- Maintain adequate clearance around system components.
- And more!
Annual Air Conditioner Maintenance in Delaware and Maryland
Spring is the ideal time to schedule cooling maintenance, to ensure your air conditioner performs efficiently and reliably throughout the summer. Call the experienced professionals at Peninsula today, at 302-262-8254, or contact us online to schedule your appointment.
Click to see our reviews on