One call. Red does it all! 302-262-8254
Improving Indoor Air Quality with Plants
Looking for ways to make your home air fresher, cleaner, and healthier to breathe? If so, you’re not alone! Indoor air quality is a huge deal these days, and quality awareness is way up. The good news is that this interest has ushered in the age of improved air quality products and solutions. There are many ways to get the clean air you want, including air cleaners, filtration systems, purifiers, and yes, even plants!
For superior air quality solutions in Delmarva, you can count on Peninsula to provide! Contact us online today to learn more about what our trained IAQ experts have to offer.
What’s the Deal with Air Quality?
We spend the vast majority of our waking hours indoors, whether that be at home or at the office. And that means the quality of the air you breathe matters a whole lot! The big problem here is that most homes aren’t naturally equipped with ways to deal with dust, debris, pollen, and all the other harmful particles that riddle our homes.
This is where air quality solutions come in, helping you to reduce allergy symptoms, stymie headaches and respiratory issues common to these types of pollutants, and even make your home smell cleaner, too.
Cleaner Home Air with Plants
Can plants really clean the air? Yes, actually they can! Some are far better at it than others, but nearly all plants take in carbon dioxide as part of their life process. And when they do, these plants also take in tons of ambient gases and minute particles, harmlessly removing them from home air and neutralizing them, resulting in fresher, cleaner home air.
So what plants are best for improving home air quality? Try these three:
- Chlorophytum comosum. You may also know it as spider plant, or as hen and chick. But the point is this home-pal is one of the easiest to grow and care for plants out there, and is proven to remove huge amounts of pollutants from home air.
- Lemon Button Fern. Essentially any house fern will do quite well, but honestly we’re just fond of this easy to grow and visually appealing option.
- Caribbean tree cactus. Prefer plants of the pricklier variety? A Caribbean tree cactus establish quickly and live for years. Plus the little half-foot friends are easy to fit into any living space.
Perfect Air Quality Products
The plants are a great way to boost both air quality and decor all in one. But we can’t leave it all to nature! Modern air quality systems have been perfected, and are constructed to eliminate specific arrays of home air pollutants. Wrestle with mold and bacteria? There’s a solution! Got a dust problem in your Delmarva home? Got an option for that, too!
These systems do more than just help you out, as is the case with the greenery. They actually specifically target and totally neutralize airborne pollutants in home air. That means a cleaner, fresher smelling home, less allergy issues, healthier lungs, and even more. So what works best? How about:
- Air purification systems. UV-C light based purification systems mimic the antimicrobial properties of sunlight, and are perfect for removing mold, bacteria, viruses, and funky odors from home air.
- Whole-home humidifiers. If you wrestle with a dry, dusty home, then a humidifier is your ideal solution. They also provide additional boons including healthier home air come winter (when your furnace eats up all the moisture in your home)!
Looking for home air quality solutions in Delaware, Maryland, and the surrounding areas? Contact Peninsula online now to find the best option for your home needs!
Click to see our reviews on