One call. Red does it all! 302-262-8254
Signs You Need a Whole-House Humidifier
As the winter season arrives, we all eagerly await the chilly nights that call for fuzzy blankets, warm fireplaces, and hot cocoa. However, did you know that your furnace can cause dry air in your home? Even though your heating system keeps you warm and toasty in spite of the cold, it can also cause problems for your health and your home, including:
- Potential illness – Dry air can cause your nasal passages to dry out, leading to irritation and nosebleeds. Low humidity in the air can also negatively affect the mucus membranes responsible for preventing harmful particles from entering your lungs.
- Dry skin – Dry air inevitable leads to dry skin, including symptoms of itching, flaking, cracking, and chapping. Low humidity can also cause existing skin conditions—such as eczema or acne—to flare up.
- Increased static – The drier the air, the greater the static electricity build-up. Recall all of those times your flannel pajamas caused a spark or the doorknob gave you a jolt? This is a result of dry air.
- Damaged furnishings – When the air in your home is too dry, it can lead to warped wood and gaps between ceilings and walls. When these gaps occur in wooden windows or door jambs, cold air is able to enter, resulting in lost heat and high energy bills.
Thankfully, a whole-house humidifier can add moisture back into the air in your home, helping your family stay healthy and comfortable while keeping warm.
Benefits of a Whole-House Humidifier
As mentioned above, dry air can cause a lot of problems—whether seen or unseen—in your home. Whole-house humidifiers add moisture into the air to keep your family breathing comfortably all season long, even on the coldest nights. The benefits of installing a whole-house humidifier include:
- Health – In addition to preventing viruses and decreasing the likelihood of getting a cold or the flu, whole-house humidifiers kill bacteria and reduce allergens.
- Comfort – Especially for asthma sufferers, whole-house humidifiers allow for easier breathing. Not only does a good level of humidity help with breathing, but it also prevents dry noses and itchy skin. Plus, no more unexpected shocks or clothes sticking together from static!
- Protection – Using a whole-house humidifier can protect the structural integrity of your home. Proper humidity can keep your wood floors from creaking and your wallpaper from cracking.
- Savings – Humid air retains heat more than dry air does, meaning you’ll get more bang for your buck from your heating system if you use a whole-house humidifier along with your furnace or heat pump. Though installing a humidifier may be an expense now, the it will pay off in savings later.
Whole-House Humidifier Installation Services in Delaware & Maryland
If you’re ready to install a whole-house humidifier for your home on the Delmarva peninsula, you’ve come to the right place. Peninsula, based in Seaford, DE, has been serving our Delaware community for over 75 years. We guarantee the best service at a price you can afford (just look at our specials!). Schedule a consultation with our expert technicians to learn how you can keep your family healthier and happier this winter by installing a whole-house humidifier from Peninsula.
To learn more about our HVAC installation services in Delaware and Maryland, contact us online or call (302) 262-8254 today!
Click to see our reviews on