Signs You Need Drain Cleaning
For most of us plumbing is one of those things you really need, and need often, but you never really think about. That is until something goes wrong! Plumbing problems are among some of the most costly and stressful home issues to have, so ideally you would rather avoid them rather than deal with them at all. The best way to do that? Prevention!
How Drain Cleaning Prevents Bigger Problems
You can sort of think of drain cleaning along the same lines you do about a car tune-up, or HVAC maintenance. It’s a service designed to clean things up and check them out so you can catch problems early on, and so you can ideally avoid them outright.
By keeping drains free of debris you avoid things like:
- Funky odors
- Even severe pipe damage
5 Signs You Need Drain Cleaning Services
Ideally, routine plumbing maintenance will help you avoid the need for drain cleaning. Prevention, after all, works best when you get it before the problem starts. But at the same time we’re well aware that it’s not always easy to remember to set up routine service, so it’s best to know what to look for. Here are five very clear signs that you should schedule service today:
- Slow moving drains. Does your sink take minutes to clear out after brushing your teeth, or is the kitchen sink still full of water an hour after the dishes? These are signs that there’s a whole lot of stuff in your drains that you don’t want sticking around.
- Frequent clogs. Things like toilet clogs do just happen from time to time. But if you’re getting clogs daily, weekly, or multiple fixtures in your home are all clogged at once, you need a complete drain line cleaning.
- Water backing up. Does water bubble up from the shower drain when you flush the toilet? Any situations or instances like this tell us that there is excess air in the drain system, which is a clear sign that you need the drains cleared.
- Funky or odd odors. The stink of sewage and drain line contents is unmistakable. If you catch a whiff of foulness from sink drains, the shower, or in your yard (yes, your yard!), it’s time to call the plumbing pros.
- Puddling in the yard. Odd little pools of foul water in the yard will indicate a pretty big plumbing issue. This could require drain cleaning, or it may be severe enough to require sewer line repair at this point.
How Often Do I Need Drain Cleaning Services?
Thinking about setting up a routine service to avoid the common problems listed above? We think that’s a great idea! While there’s no clear-cut perfect timeframe for everyone, we typically recommend seeking service annually at the least. The time can be shorter depending on some basic factors, like home occupancy and the type of fixtures you can have, but in most cases a year is perfect.
Ready to schedule drain cleaning services for your Delaware or Maryland home? For superior plumbing solutions in the Delmarva area contact Peninsula today!
Click to see our reviews on