One call. Red does it all! 302-262-8254
5 Signs That You Need Heat Pump Replacement
As the cold weather approaches, you need to make sure that your heat pump is in the best shape possible to ensure that your home stays warm and cozy this winter. If you have a feeling that your heat pump is beginning to lose its ability to work properly, you’ll want an expert technician to stop by and complete a thorough inspection. Next, you can decide to either do necessary maintenance on the unit or potentially replace it altogether. After all, nobody wants to deal with a broken heat pump once the chilly fall nights begin!
Signs of a Broken Heat Pump
Determining whether or not your heat pump needs to be replaced can be tricky. Nobody likes added expenses, but replacement could save you more money in the long run than constantly requiring heating repair. Before deciding to replace your heat pump completely, look out for these telltale signs:
- Inadequate heating – If your heat pump isn’t doing its basic job of keeping your home warm, there must be a problem. No matter how many times you tinker with it or try different heating maintenance tips, if your heat pump isn’t moving heat to your home properly, you should have a technician thoroughly inspect it and evaluate if it’s time for a replacement.
- Strange noises – One of the first signs of a problem is a variety of weird noises coming from your HVAC system. Although heating systems typically make noises when stopping and starting, you should call your local HVAC technician to get an evaluation if you hear anything out of the ordinary.
- Bill increases – If your energy bill seems to get much more expensive unexpectedly, your heat pump may be consuming more energy than necessary in an attempt to function effectively. As a major source of energy consumption in your home, your heat pump can cause increases in your bill if it’s not working properly. Save yourself money and stress by getting it checked out immediately.
- Constant operation – Depending on the weather, your heat pump shouldn’t be running constantly. Though heat pumps need to do more work to move heat into your home compared to a furnace, your heat pump shouldn’t be running all of the time if the weather is moderate (at least above mid-30s). If it is, it could have a number of issues, including being frozen or leaking refrigerant. If your home’s insulation is insufficient or your heat pump is too small, it could be unable to keep your entire home warm enough.
- Cold air – If your heat pump is blowing cold air even when it’s in heating mode, it could simply be on the wrong setting or have ice buildup. However, if these issues aren’t the case, your heat pump compressor could be in need of cleaning, maintenance, or repair.
Heat Pump Repair & Installation in Delaware
If you determine that your heat pump needs repair after all, get in touch with the technicians at Peninsula. From heating maintenance to heating installation, we offer all of the HVAC services you could need across the Delmarva peninsula at a price you can afford. If you want a brand new heat pump that’s more energy-efficient and cost-effective than your existing one, consider our ductless mini-split systems. We offer only the best cooling and heating systems from Mitsubishi Electric to ensure seamless operation and an extended lifespan. We guarantee your complete satisfaction with your heating system and with our customer service as a whole.
To schedule an appointment with a technician from Peninsula in Seaford, DE, call (302) 262-8254 or contact us online today! Check out our specials to learn how you can save on your HVAC service with Peninsula.
Click to see our reviews on