One call. Red does it all! 302-262-8254
Emergency Air Conditioner Repair in Delaware & Maryland
Air conditioning problems can strike at absolutely any time. And if your luck is anything like ours, it’ll happen on the hottest day possible on the Delmarva peninsula. Where can you turn for complete, priority repair services when your need is great? You can trust the certified team at Peninsula, of course!
Our HVAC specialists are available and ready to serve no matter the time, or the day. We provide our clients with leading repair services that put you first, bringing peerless solutions during normal hours, after hours, on weekends—even the holidays. We’re the experts you can always count on, and with our emergency AC services in Delaware, you always know where you can turn to in a pinch.
Call our emergency service team for priority service any time you need it! You can reach us at 302-262-8254 and we’ll have a trained professional on the way and ready to serve immediately.
When Do I Need Emergency AC Service in Delaware?
There are plenty of problems a cooling system can deal with. But when does it qualify as an emergency? First off, we’d call it an emergency any time at all that your comfort is at risk. Our summers are absolutely no joke, and every minute spent without proper cooling can be a nightmare. That’s why our emergency service is available at any time you need it.
Beyond that, there are also some common problems that we would certainly distinguish as “emergency worthy”. These include:
- Hot air from the AC. There’s enough of that to be had outside! Hot air coming from a cooling system can indicate a refrigerant leak, or potentially a restriction in air flow. You might check to see if your air filter is dirty first, but if that’s a-ok then you should call for emergency service.
- Strange or loud noises. From the hiss of escaping refrigerant, to the buzzing or pop of an electrical issue, or even the rattle and clank of a loose part. All strange AC sounds are pretty scary, and honestly they should be. Odd noises mean damage, and damage only gets worse with time!
- The unit is freezing. Coils in a cooling system typically freeze when there is an obstruction or a refrigerant leak. If the problem isn’t handled it will quickly escalate into a total breakdown, so be sure to call for service asap.
- Burnt wire odors. The smell of burnt wire or electrical fire is unmistakable. If you catch a whiff of melted wire shut off main power to your cooling system immediately and call our emergency team. Don’t attempt to fiddle around with wiring or restart the unit, as this problem is very dangerous.
- Breaker trips. Breaker tripping when the unit cycles on? Start by resetting the breaker and seeing if it happens again. Twice or more means an electrical overload, and the AC should be left to an emergency Delaware AC repair professional.
- Water leaks. The drain system in your AC rids your home of the humidity the AC collects, and is overall a simple a reliable solution. If you’re catching puddles of water near your cooling system then the drain is damaged or clogged, and will need professional attention.
Reasons to Call for Emergency Air Conditioner Repair
Experiencing an air conditioner breakdown is not uncommon—and just because your air conditioner turns on does not mean that it’s working properly. There are a few common signs you can watch for to figure out if you need to call Peninsula for emergency air conditioning repair.
The Air Conditioner Won’t Turn On
There are a number of reasons your air conditioner may refuse to turn on, from a tripped breaker, to a malfunctioning thermostat. While both are quick fixes you can check yourself before calling for service, each may require further investigation. In the case of a tripped breaker, reset it to the “on” position to see if it solves the problem. However, if the breaker trips again, leave it off and call for service. Additional causes may include:
- Loss of power source.It may seem obvious, but check to see that there is power to the unit, and that the thermostat is set to “cool”.
- Faulty motor. If the condenser unit fails to power on, you may require a motor repair or replacement.
- Wiring issues.Loose or damaged wiring can cause a short in the system, and requires a call for emergency air conditioning repair.
The Air Conditioner is Running, But Not Cooling
If you can hear the unit running, but there is no air or only warm air coming from your supply vents, call the experts at Peninsula after checking to ensure your thermostat is set to “cool” and not “heat”.
The Air Conditioner Is Emitting an Unusual Odor
A musty odor coming from your supply vents can be indicative of mold, mildew, or bacteria somewhere within your HVAC system. The continuous release of mold spores in to your indoor air can cause serious health issues in those with compromised immune systems or allergies and requires immediate service.
The Air Conditioner is Making Strange Noises
Every appliance makes a certain degree of noise, but if you notice your air conditioner making new, unusual sounds, listen closely, as some require a call for emergency service.
- Buzzing or popping. Either of these types of noises point towards an electrical issue, such as a short or poor connection, and if left unattended can lead to severe damage or fire.
- This sound could be caused by something as simple as a loose bolt, or as complex as a worn out bearing.
- Loud clanging or banging. Excessively loud noises mean something has gone wrong in the motor, or blower assembly unit. Shut down the unit immediately, and call for emergency service.
- Hissing or clicking. A refrigerant leak can cause this type of noise, which can be hazardous to the environment and your cooling equipment.
The Air Conditioner Coil is Frozen
This all too common issue, can be caused by a lack of airflow, from sources such as a clogged or dirty filter, or dirt, debris or obstruction around the outdoor unit. While symptoms may start off as decreased cooling capacity, if left unchecked, they can quickly lead to complete system repair.
With so many components, there are any number of things that can go wrong with your air conditioner. Whether the issue stems from a frozen coil, loss of power, incorrect refrigerant charge, inadequate maintenance, or any number of other problems, Peninsula can help.
Schedule Emergency Air Conditioning Repair Service in Maryland or Delaware
Our commitment to customer service, years of experience, and worry-free payment plan are just a few of the reasons to call Peninsula for emergency air conditioner repair. Call us anytime at 302-262-8254.
Click to see our reviews on