One call. Red does it all! 302-262-8254
Emergency Air Conditioner Repair in Delaware & Maryland
“Out of sight, out of mind” is the perfect adage for your cooling system—at least until it stops working. Regardless of what the issue may be or when it happens, Peninsula is here to help. We offer 24-hour emergency air conditioning repair, and we’ll do whatever it takes to get your cooling system up and running as soon as possible.
If you’re in need of emergency air conditioning repair service in the Delmarva area, call us immediately at 302-262-8254. We’ll send one of our knowledgeable, experienced technicians to diagnose and repair your air conditioner so you can get back to enjoying your cool, comfortable home.
Reasons to Call for Emergency Air Conditioner Repair
Experiencing an air conditioner breakdown is not uncommon—and just because your air conditioner turns on does not mean that it’s working properly. There are a few common signs you can watch for to figure out if you need to call Peninsula for emergency air conditioning repair.
The Air Conditioner Won’t Turn On
There are a number of reasons your air conditioner may refuse to turn on, from a tripped breaker, to a malfunctioning thermostat. While both are quick fixes you can check yourself before calling for service, each may require further investigation. In the case of a tripped breaker, reset it to the “on” position to see if it solves the problem. However, if the breaker trips again, leave it off and call for service. Additional causes may include:
- Loss of power source.It may seem obvious, but check to see that there is power to the unit, and that the thermostat is set to “cool”.
- Faulty motor. If the condenser unit fails to power on, you may require a motor repair or replacement.
- Wiring issues.Loose or damaged wiring can cause a short in the system, and requires a call for emergency air conditioning repair.
The Air Conditioner is Running, But Not Cooling
If you can hear the unit running, but there is no air or only warm air coming from your supply vents, call the experts at Peninsula after checking to ensure your thermostat is set to “cool” and not “heat”.
The Air Conditioner Is Emitting an Unusual Odor
A musty odor coming from your supply vents can be indicative of mold, mildew, or bacteria somewhere within your HVAC system. The continuous release of mold spores in to your indoor air can cause serious health issues in those with compromised immune systems or allergies and requires immediate service.
The Air Conditioner is Making Strange Noises
Every appliance makes a certain degree of noise, but if you notice your air conditioner making new, unusual sounds, listen closely, as some require a call for emergency service.
- Buzzing or popping. Either of these types of noises point towards an electrical issue, such as a short or poor connection, and if left unattended can lead to severe damage or fire.
- This sound could be caused by something as simple as a loose bolt, or as complex as a worn out bearing.
- Loud clanging or banging. Excessively loud noises mean something has gone wrong in the motor, or blower assembly unit. Shut down the unit immediately, and call for emergency service.
- Hissing or clicking. A refrigerant leak can cause this type of noise, which can be hazardous to the environment and your cooling equipment.
The Air Conditioner Coil is Frozen
This all too common issue, can be caused by a lack of airflow, from sources such as a clogged or dirty filter, or dirt, debris or obstruction around the outdoor unit. While symptoms may start off as decreased cooling capacity, if left unchecked, they can quickly lead to complete system repair.
With so many components, there are any number of things that can go wrong with your air conditioner. Whether the issue stems from a frozen coil, loss of power, incorrect refrigerant charge, inadequate maintenance, or any number of other problems, Peninsula can help.
Schedule Emergency Air Conditioning Repair Service in Maryland or Delaware
Our commitment to customer service, years of experience, and worry-free payment plan are just a few of the reasons to call Peninsula for emergency air conditioner repair. Call us anytime at 302-262-8254.
Click to see our reviews on
- Clean Pickup Guarantee
- We-Missed-It Guarantee
CALL TO SCHEDULE