Oil-to-Gas Conversion in Berlin, Maryland
Are you considering converting the heating system at your Berlin home from oil to gas? Gas-powered heating systems use less energy and can save you money on your utility bills. Oil-to-gas conversion is a complex process, so we go out of our way to educate our clients about its pros and cons. Call Peninsula at 302-629-3001302-629-3001 to learn more about oil-to-gas heating conversions in Berlin.
The Benefits of Converting from Oil to Gas
Oil-to-gas conversion isn’t right for every household, but for many people, it makes sense. Benefits of converting include:
- Lower energy bills. Gas is less expensive than oil for heating homes. Although the initial financial outlay can be substantial, your subsequent lower utility payments mean that the oil-to-gas conversion usually pays for itself in about five years.
- Tax incentives. The federal government, along with some local municipalities, offers tax incentives, such as credits or rebates, for households that convert from oil to gas.
- Decreased environment impact. Gas has lower carbon emissions than oil.
Call us at 302-629-3001302-629-3001 to find out if oil-to-gas conversion is right for your Berlin home.
How Much Does Oil-to-Gas Conversion Cost?
The cost of doing an oil-to-gas conversion in Berlin depends on several factors, including:
- How complicated the conversion will be for your home. A Peninsula service tech will come out to determine exactly what a conversion would entail for your home.
- Whether or not you need to line your chimney. A liner keeps the moisture from gas exhaust from damaging the inside of your chimney. You can eliminate this problem, and the need for a liner, by installing a high-efficiency gas system.
- Whether or not you choose to have your oil tank removed. Removing an underground tank is more expensive than removing one that is above ground. However, you can opt to leave the tank as is.
How Does Peninsula Oil-to-Gas Conversion Work?
Your utility provider will run a pipe from your street’s gas main to your home and install a meter. Peninsula will take care of the rest, piping the gas from the meter to your heating unit and doing any finish work that needs to be done, from lining your chimney (if necessary) to removing your oil tank to anything else that may come up.
How Do I Take Advantage of Oil-to-Gas Tax Incentives?
Possible tax credits and rebates for residential oil-to-gas conversion vary from state to state and depend on several factors. We suggest you consult your tax professional or the IRS for guidance.
Get Started on Your Oil-to-Gas Conversion with Peninsula!
Interested in Other Energy-Efficient Heating Options?
Learn about Peninsula’s non-toxic, biodegradable, and renewable Biofuel and Biodiesel fuels!