Backflow Preventer Testing
A backflow preventer is a device used to protect water supplies from contamination or pollution. When pressure in pipes suddenly drops, there’s a danger of contaminated water suddenly backing up into the pipes, which can put people at risk of becoming sick. Backflow preventer testing can help ensure your backflow preventer works properly to keep your home or business protected. If you need backflow preventer testing in Delaware or Maryland, call Peninsula today!
Backflow preventers are more common than you might think. Common applications include:
- Exhaust hoods
- Hose bibs
- Ice makers
- Coffee makers
- Cooling towers
- Heat exchangers
- Swimming pools
- Wall hydrants
- Hospital equipment
- Culinary pressure cookers
- Carbonated beverage systems
- Fire sprinklers with chemical additives
Those are just some of the items that use backflow preventers. As a licensed plumbing company in Delaware and Maryland, Peninsula can provide testing and maintenance services for backflow preventers all along the Delmarva.
Why should you test your backflow preventer?
Having your backflow preventer tested by a local plumbing company is crucial to the safety to everyone using your water. The following are documented incidents that resulted from improperly functioning backflow preventers– each of which could have been avoided with proper backflow preventer testing:
- According to the CDC, a cross-connection aboard an Alaskan crab vessel caused a backflow of sewage that resulted in 189 employees becoming ill and endangered about $35 million worth of processed crab.
- Copper sediment contamination in a beverage mixing tank caused four in a residence hall at a Michigan University to get sick.
- Carbonated water back-pressured into the potable water supply through faulty check valves on soda dispensing equipment in a San Antonio lounge.
- At a large public meeting facility and sports arena in Seattle, bright blue water was flowing from drinking fountains in the lobby and sinks in the concession area. Several people reported general nausea. The pressure of the carbonation equipment far exceeded pressure in the water main.
Need backflow preventer testing service?
If you are looking for a local plumbing company in Delaware or Maryland for backflow preventer testing, call Peninsula today. We offer a variety of backflow preventer support services, including:
- Backflow preventer testing: our licensed, bonded plumbers can test your backflow preventer, including tagging all your backflow prevention devices and completing the required paperwork.
- Backflow preventer repair: our certified, trained technicians can make any required repairs so your backflow preventer runs smoothly.
- Backflow preventer installation: we can determine the proper backflow prevention method and the type of backflow protection required for your device.
Count on Peninsula: Your Backflow Preventer Company
We care about our neighbors and each and every one of our customers. And we believe this commitment to quality customer service sets us apart from the rest.
Dependability. Service. Quality. Value. That’s what you’ll hear when you ask our customers about us. And our commitment to your satisfaction is built on this foundation!
Reputation is everything. That’s especially true in the close-knit communities along the Maryland and Delaware peninsula. Here, Peninsula has built a long-standing reputation of respect and trust, home by home, family by family. And we’re proud of that!
You can count on Peninsula for:
- An unequaled commitment to your needs and personal satisfaction
- Reliable, around-the-clock emergency service, 365 days a year
- Expert installation and upgrades, maximizing system performance
- Worry-free payment plans that respect your budget
So relax. You’ve come to the right place. You can count on our family to keep your family snug and secure. It’s what we do!
To find out more about our backflow preventer services, contact us today!