Dishwasher Drain Cleaning
Think of all the things your automatic dishwasher does for you: saving time, allowing hands to remain youthful looking, killing germs often left from hand washing, eliminating clutter on your counter and sink, and reducing your carbon footprint by using less water. Now try to imagine life without it. Should your dishwasher become clogged or lose its cleaning power, you’ll be left to perform this mundane, thankless chore all over again, but you can avoid any potential downtime by taking a few precautions, and keeping up with routine maintenance. Even the most attentive homeowner may still experience issues from time to time however, including a clogged dishwasher drain.
At Peninsula, our technicians are experts at repairing and fixing dishwasher drain clogs. To learn more about our service, read on, or to schedule dishwasher drain repair in Maryland or Delaware, contact us online.
Signs & Symptoms of Clogged Dishwasher Drains
There are a number of issues that can go wrong with your dishwasher, some of which may be subtle, while others are immediately apparent.
- Failing to turn on. This is typically a power issue, and can often be resolved with a few simple steps. First, ensure the switch is in the on position, the door is latched, and the timer isn’t engaged. Secondly, check the breaker panel for a tripped circuit, or blown fuse. If none of the above solutions solves the issue, call for service.
- Runs, but won’t fill. Indicative of an issue with the water supply, or drainage, where the water is draining too quickly. If you’ve recently turned off the water supply for any reason, resume the flow by opening the valve counterclockwise as far as it will go, or call for service.
- Won’t stop filling.Your dishwasher is designed to automatically stop filling when the desired water level is reached, but a number of scenarios can cause that to fail, including a faulty timer, float switch, or inlet valve, all of which require professional attention.
- Dishwasher doesn’t drain. Once the cycle of cleaning is completed, you may notice a small pool of clean water at the bottom of the dishwasher tub, which is normal. However, a disproportionate amount of clean or dirty water is a sign that your drain may be clogged.
Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3
The water from your dishwasher travels through your garbage disposal and main sink line, and is the most likely source of a dishwasher drainage problem. You can perform a number of quick checks to determine where the clog is originating from, using the following steps.
- Turn on your kitchen tap, with the faucet over the side of the sink where the disposal is located. Turn on the disposal and let it run until it has cleared any food waste. Since your dishwasher may be routed through your disposal, a clog can prevent, or slow down the draining process.
- Next, insert stoppers, and fill your kitchen sink(s) halfway with water. Remove the stoppers one at a time and note the speed at which the water drains from the sink. If it appears to be draining at an unusually slow pace, there is likely a clog down the line, which may be affecting your dishwasher.
- If neither your disposal, nor kitchen drain appear to be the issue, your dishwasher drain is the likely culprit.
Dishwasher drain cleaning, and troubleshooting is best left to an experienced professional, with the tools and expertise required to get your dishwasher up and running again.
Count on Peninsula for Dishwasher Drain Repair
We care about our neighbors and each and every one of our customers. And we believe this commitment to quality customer service sets us apart from the rest.
Dependability. Service. Quality. Value. That’s what you’ll hear when you ask our customers about us. And our commitment to your satisfaction is built on this foundation!
Reputation is everything. That’s especially true in the close-knit communities along the Maryland and Delaware peninsula. Here, Peninsula has built a long-standing reputation of respect and trust, home by home, family by family. And we’re proud of that!
You can count on Peninsula for:
- An unequaled commitment to your needs and personal satisfaction
- Reliable, around-the-clock emergency service, 365 days a year
- Expert installation and upgrades, maximizing system performance
- Worry-free payment plans that respect your budget
So relax. You’ve come to the right place. You can count on our family to keep your family snug and secure. It’s what we do!
To find out more about our dishwasher repair and plumbing services, contact us today!