One call. Red does it all! 302-262-8254
Garbage Disposal Repair
Serving Delaware & Maryland
Your garbage disposal is an eco-friendly solution to food waste disposal, that is a welcome addition to any kitchen—until it breaks down. Call Peninsula for fast, reliable garbage disposal repair, throughout Delaware and Maryland.
When your garbage disposal breaks down, and you’re in need of fast, reliable garbage disposal repair, call the experts at Peninsula at 302-262-8254, or contact us online.
Common Causes of Garbage Disposal Issues
While considered to be a relatively simple appliance, your garbage disposal contains a number of working parts, any of which can cause the unit to break down, jam, or leak. Some of the more common issues can include:
- Clogged drain. A number of issues can cause a slow draining, or clogged drainage system, though the most common issue is improper disposal of food waste.
- Leaking garbage disposal. There are several reasons your garbage disposal may leak, and finding the source of the issue can often be harder than the repair itself. Causes can range from the sink flange, to your dishwasher connection, and can be the result of improper installation, normal wear and tear, or a loose connection. The experts at Peninsula can quickly diagnose and repair the cause of the leak, preventing further damage and restoring the use of your disposal.
- Disposal grinds poorly. If there is power to the unit, but it’s not grinding, or doing a poor job, there may be an issue with the blades, requiring a call for professional repair.
- Disposal is jammed. Any number of hard materials can cause your garbage disposal to become jammed, but attempting to clear the jam yourself can cause result in serious injury, or damage to the disposal. Call Peninsula for garbage disposal repair to clear the jam and get it working as good as new.
- Disposal won’t turn on. This is likely an electrical issue, though there may be a problem with the motor, requiring repair or replacement.
The experienced, highly qualified technicians at Peninsula can efficiently diagnose and repair all your garbage disposal issues, and carry out the necessary repairs. Give us a call at 302-262-8254, or contact Peninsula online to arrange for an appointment, or for a free estimate.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Tips
Here are some handy tips to keep your disposal running cleanly and effectively year round:
Once a month, pour a mixture of baking soda, vinegar and hot water down the disposal to dissolve residue and eliminate odors. Use one cup of vinegar with the baking soda and let them sit in the drain for at least one hour. At the end of the hour, pour boiling water down the disposal to flush, but do not turn on the unit.
A minimum of once a year grind up a combination of ice cubes and lemon or lime slices, to keep the blades of your garbage disposal sharp and clean. Dump the cubes down the disposal and turn on the cold water before turning on the disposal, and leave it running for a minute or two after the cubes have been ground down.
Call Peninsula for Garbage Disposal Repair
Give us a call at 302-262-8254, for repair, if your garbage disposal is doing any of the following:
- Failing to turn on.
- Making unusual noises.
- Is jammed.
- Is making loud clattering noises.
- Is humming.
- Is making no noise at all.
Count on the experts at Peninsula for quick, reliable service, including:
- Emergency service 24/7/365.
- Hassle free payment plans to suit every budget.
For garbage disposal repair throughout Delaware and Maryland, call Peninsula at 302-262-8254, or contact us online.
Click to see our reviews on
- Clean Pickup Guarantee
- We-Missed-It Guarantee
CALL TO SCHEDULE